Cultural Wonders are Districts that are unique in the world and provide Fame and potent bonuses to an Empire. Wonders are inspired by and named after, famous real-world buildings or landmarks. Cultural Wonders are built through Shared Projects by City cooperation.
Not to be confused with Natural Wonders.
Building a wonder
- Cultural Wonders are unlocked after reaching the Ancient Era, and need to be claimed before the Empire unlocks the ability to build it.
- The Wonder can be placed anywhere on owned Territories, and it is possible to assign one or multiple Cities to its construction.
- Like other Shared Projects, Wonder constructions can be bought out by Population.
- Religious wonders get a -30% Industry cost from Religious Rites civic.
- The Pyramid of Giza wonder will provide a -25% Industry cost to other Wonders (as they are considered Districts)
- The Lumberjack avatar strength gives the AI -25% Industry cost when building Cultural Wonders.
Cultural Wonder building costs (affected by game speed):
Cultural Wonder claim costs (currently not affected by game speed):
Characteristics of a Wonder
- Once a Wonder is built, it will provide yields to the City (which controls the Territory where the Wonder is built) and the Empire with benefits.
- Every Wonder has two default bonuses: A certain amount of Stability to the City that owns it, and 100 Fame to the Empire that built it upon completion.
- In addition, the Wonder would exploit tiles around it.
- The tile that the Wonder is on cannot be overwritten by any other building or District.
- Certain Wonders also act as a Holy Site for effects and bonuses.
- If an enemy Empire captures the Territory where the Wonder is placed, the new Territory owner gets all of the benefits from the Wonder, except the Fame bonus.
- Wonders can be ransacked (by any Units) or bombed (by Artillery and bombers), and will be destroyed forever.
List of Wonders