|This article is about tradable Luxury and Strategic resources. For the generic basic yields, see FIMS.|
Resources are naturally occurring deposits of goods with a cultural-economic interest or strategic relevance, which are essential to the development of Empires, and important reasons to colonize and hold a Territory.
Resource may refer to below concepts:
Strategic and Luxury Resources
In Humankind, based on the in-game descriptions and concepts, Resource usually refers to:
- Strategic Resource, tradable goods with a strategic relevance, which are required to build many Units and Infrastructures.
- Luxury Resource, tradable goods with an economic interest, which can boost FIMS yields and Stability.
On the other hand, in common language, Resource can also refer to the basic yields in the game:
- FIMS, the collectively name of the four primary city yields, Food, Industry, Money, and Science.
- Influence, the currency for creating Cities and Outposts, claiming Wonders, enacting Civics, and spreading Cultural Pressure.
- Faith, the value for spreading one's Religion.
- Population, the "human resource" that can be used as Specialists, building Units, and buyout Constructibles.
- Stability, the value that represents the level of public order in Cities.